For those new to the world of budget linear switches, we’ve included a handy buying guide detailing everything you should consider before splashing out your first product. There is a variety of products on offer today. The following buying guide will help you differentiate between everything on offer and determine which product is best for you.
How we choose
To determine which budget linear switches is the cream of the crop, we reviewed them head-to-head to score and rank all of their different functions. We compared features, ease of use, and functionality. We also included probes with our side-by-side analysis in the following sections. While a few features can fall into multiple categories, we’ve left these in the most commonly used category for clarity. Our experts recommended the following factors when selecting our top picks:
- Customer Feedback
- Easy to Use
- Return Policy
The budget linear switches With Specifications
1. Gateron Milky Yellow Switches ，Mechanical Keyboard MX 5 pin Switches Shaft for All MX Mechanical Keyboard Support 4 pin RGB (70 PCS)
- This link introduces the milky yellow switches of the gateron, you have two options (70, 110)
- This link only contains the switch, not the keyboard.
- The milky yellow switches is 5 pin switch and a linear switches.
- Travel Distance: 2mm Bottom Distance: 4mm
- Operating Force: 50g Bottom Force: 63g
Additional Info :
2. Akko CS Switches, 3 Pin 43gf Linear Switch Compatible for MX Mechanical Keyboard (45 pcs, Rose Red)
- Akko CS Switch Series – Akko Custom Series (CS) switches are 3-pin custom switches made for DIY enthusiasts to obtain satisfying typing feelings with more affordable options.
- Rose Red 43gf Linear Switch – With a light actuation force of 43gf, Akko rose red switches are more responsive than Akko pink switches. With a 3.5mm prolonged stem, the switches produce a lighter and yet crisp sound when bottoming out.
- Built-in LED Slot – Akko CS switches are equipped with LED slot ready for LED Mod/Assembly, and are SMD compatible (LED underneath the switch) .
- Durability – Approximate lifespan of 60 million times of keystrokes based on laboratory durability test.
- Compatibility – Akko CS switches come with MX style structure so they would fit most keycap sets with (X) cross stem. Note: switch opener is not included.
Additional Info :
3. Razer Huntsman Mini 60% Gaming Keyboard: Fast Keyboard Switches – Linear Optical Switches – Chroma RGB Lighting – PBT Keycaps – Onboard Memory – Mercury White
- Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer Linear Optical switch technology uses optical beam-based actuation, registering key presses at the speed of light (15-30% shorter actuation distance than other linear switches at 1.0 mm)
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30 plus partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Quality, Aluminum Construction: Covered with a matte, aluminum top frame for increased structural integrity
- Oil-Resistant Doubleshot PBT Keycaps: Made of textured, high-grade PBT for a more durable and textured finish less prone to long-term grime buildup
- Fully Programmable Macros: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
Additional Info :
4. Everglide EG Aqua King Water King Linear Switch 4pin 5pin RGB 55g 62g 67g Force mx Switch for Mechanical Keyboard 50m Clear Body (X70 PCS, EG 55g Aqua King Switch)
- Switch housing material: Polycarbonate
- Stem material: Polycarbonate
- Lifespan: > 50 million actuations
- Pretravel: 2.0 (± 0.6 mm)
- Total travel: 4 mm (± 0.3 mm)
- Actuation force: 55 gf, 62 gf, or 67 gf (± 10 gf)
- Operating force: 15 gf
- Bounce time: < 5 ms (during actuation with 0.4 m/s)
- Spring: Stainless steel (with a gold-plate）
- Contacts: Gold alloy
Additional Info :
|Color||EG 55g Aqua King Switch|
5. WHITIN Men’s Cross-Trainer | Barefoot & Minimalist Shoe | Zero Drop | Wide Toe Box | Five Fingers | Gym Fitness Workout Trail Running | Male Black | Size 8
- A wide toe box lets your toes spread and relax.
- Produced using animal free products and processes.
- Removable sockliner (insole) if you want a “more barefoot” feeling.
- True rubber sole provides great protection while still getting the ground feedback.
- Note, if between sizes, order next size down.
Additional Info :
6. Wireless Mechanical Keyboard, VELOCIFIRE TKL02WS 87 Key Linear Red Switches Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with White LED Backlit for Copywriters, Typists, and Programmers(Black)
- SPACE FREE & SIGNAL STABILITY – Exceed the space limitation. Keep your desktop knolling with no cables. Strong and stable signal covers over 26 feet, lasting long in light-off usage for once charge.
- LINEAR RED SWITCH- The Red switch design can give you great hand feels while typing. Ultra-durable keys tested to 50 million keystrokes. The force at the beginning and the end of each stroke is nearly identical which makes the red switch “smoother” and “faster”. Red switch machanical keyboard can be perfect in office use.
- MORE FASTER & ACCURACY – Velocifire mechanical keyboards are suitable for copywriters, programmers, editors and others who spend many hours typing every day. Type faster with improving accuracy through Velocifire mechanical keyboards as customers feedbacks.
- Double USB METHOD – The smart charging system allows to conduct charging and connect typing simultaneously. USB interface with no driver required. Charge with a 5V and 1A charger (Not Included), or charge it while a computer is turned on. If charging fails to work, please try other charging cable first. Compatible with Win XP/ Vista/ Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10/Linux .
- OPTIMIZED PRODUCTIVITY – The durability lasts for decades, consistently offering stable and efficient typing productivity. Benefit the typing productivity and experience in all ways through Velocifire TKL02WS.
Additional Info :
|Color||Black TKL02WS Red Switch|
7. Feker x Matcha Switches for Mechanical Keyboard DIY – Linear Keyswitch 5 Pins for Mechanical Gaming Keyboards – 60cN Force Pre Lubed (45PCS, Matcha Green Switch)
- 【Matcha Green Switches 】This 5-pin custom switches are made for DIY enthusiasts to obtain satisfying typing feelings with more affordable options.Approximately 50 million long lifespan for more stable and reliable quality.
- 【Linear Keyswitch Parameters】Operating force: 43±15gf End force: 60±15gf Pre travel: 2.0±0.4mm Total Travel: 3.5+0/-0.3mm 62g bottom out PCB mount style linear mechanical keyboard switches.
- 【Pre-Lubed Switches】The matcha green switches for mechanical keyboard DIY comes factory-lubed. This is especially helpful for the linear switches, as it ensures the switches to be more smooth and silent.
- [Wide Compatibility] The 5-pins switch comes with MX style structure so they would fit most keycap sets with (X) cross stem. Compatible with plate-mounted style PCB and hot-swap mechanical gaming keybaords.
- 【Buy With Confidence】You will received 45pcs linear keyboard switches. (NO keyboard and other accessories.) Should you have any questions on our switches kit, please feel free to contact us, we will offer you a satisfactory solution within 24 hours.
Additional Info :
8. HyperX Alloy Origins Core – Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Software Controlled Light & Macro Customization, Compact Form Factor, RGB LED Backlit, Linear HyperX Red Switch
- HyperX Mechanical Switches rated for 80 million keystrokes
- Full aircraft-grade aluminum body
- Ultra-compact, portable design with detachable cable
- Dazzling RGB lighting with dynamic effects
- Advanced customization with HyperX Ngenuity software
Additional Info :
9. DIERYA DK61SE Wired 60% Percent Mechanical Keyboard, RGB Backlit, 61 Anti-Ghosting Keys Ultra-Compact Gaming Mini Keyboard with Red Linear Switch USB-C for Windows Laptop PC Gamer Typist
- ⌨【60% Form Factor Keyboard】The body of the DK6SE with an ultra-compact layout that can be grasped with one hand, Overall build quality was solid. Save desktop space and more operation space for the mouse
- 🔴【Red Linear Mechanical Switch】The red linear switch rebound is soft, and the hand feels light. Suitable for people who type and play games for a long time
- 🎮️【Full Anti-Ghosting Keys】DK61SE light up keyboard supports 61 keys input at the same time, 1000Hz polling rate, no lag, no conflict, smooth gaming and typing, 44 groups of FN+ function keys can realize the functions of a full-size keyboard
- 🎁【Ergonomic Design】The keycaps of the DK61SE RGB backlit keyboard feature an ergonomic stepped design, the keyboard has a comfortable typing height, and it is not easy to get tired. It is specially designed for gamers, office workers, copywriters, programmers, and typists.
- 📞【Compatibility and After-Sales Service】 Compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7/XP. Mac OS, Vista and Linux are only compatible for typing and office work. Our products support a one-year warranty, if you encounter any problems, please feel free to contact us, DIERYA will give you a satisfactory answer within 24 hours
Additional Info :
10. EPOMAKER AKKO CS Vintage White Linear Switch, 35gf, 3 Pin Switch, 45 Pieces
- 【The New Members in AKKO Custom Series (CS)】 Previously we have matcha green, rose red and ocean blue switches using progressive springs yet the newly released lavender purple, radiant red and vintage white switches use classic extension springs. Specially, vintage white has the longest spring (22mm) among all three. The purpose of releasing the customer switches series is to offer more options to keyboard enthusiasts as every tiny bit of changes would create distinct typing experiences
- 【About Lubes】It is always subjective when it comes down to the level of lubes that need to be applied on individual switch. Meanwhile, lubing the switches by machine might also affect the lifespan of switches. Thus, concerning those factors, AKKO CS switches will not come factory-lubed at the moment. AKKO CS switches do have a thin layer of dry film in the shrapnel for lubrication purpose, but there is no lube at all on any other parts such as top, stem or spring
- 【Compatible with MX Structure Keycaps】AKKO CS switches are designed with general MX structure so that they can fit most keycaps sets with (X) cross stem. This greatly improves the compatibility and you can feel free to change the switch and remake your own keyboard
- 【Built-in LED Slot&Durable Lifespan】AKKO CS switches are equipped with north-facing LED slot for LED modification. It is also compatible with SMD LED. This provides more fun feature and options for those who are a DIYer. With a lifespan of approximate 50 million times of keystrokes based on laboratory durability test, you are rest assured with the long lifespan
- 【Chose The Type Based On Your Needs】These extra three types of AKKO CS switches are designed with different configurations to meed various needs. Vintage white comes with an extremely light actuation force of 35g with 22mm extension spring makes it more suitable for long hours of typing;Radiant red comes with 53gf end force, 3.5mm total travel, better for gamers; regarding lavender purple, it’s more tactile and even better than ocean blue switch.
Additional Info :
|Color||AKKO Vintage White|
How to Buy budget linear switches?: Complete Buying Guide
Before you spend your hard-earned money on a product, it’s important to know what you’re getting for your money. To help you make the best buying decision, we’ve put together this guide on how to buy [replace_keyword?. We’ll walk through the buying process from Amazon and other places, including some basic tips and tricks to help you get the best deal possible.
One thing to keep in mind is that a highly rated product does not always mean it is also worth buying. It is, therefore, crucial for a person to look into various factors alongside reading through product reviews. These are the factors that you probably ought to have at your fingertips before finally making a purchase decision:
- Quality: The quality of a product will depend on how long it lasts and how well it works. So it’s important to get the high-quality budget linear switches to get the best output.
- Performance: When buying anything, performance is a key factor. The performance will determine if it meets your expectations or not.
- Functionality: A product’s functionality is also an important consideration. If it does not perform as advertised, then there is no use in spending money on something that doesn’t work properly.
- Price: Price is also an important factor when buying budget linear switches as nobody wants to spend more money on something that does not give him any benefit or value for money
- Your Needs: One of the most important things when buying budget linear switches is to be clear about your needs and requirements.
- Buyer Review: Before making the buying decision, you should understand what other people think of a budget linear switches. One of the best ways of gathering information on products you might be interested in is to use buyer reviews posted by actual customers.
Consider these to get the best one:
Materials used in budget linear switches
The first thing you can look for is the material of the budget linear switches. The budget linear switches should be made from high-quality material to last a long time. This way, you will not always have to buy new ones. The best material for making budget linear switches is stainless steel because it does not rust or corrode easily. It also has a good finish and looks nice on any kitchen countertop or table.
Check the quality
Before buying budget linear switches, make sure that it will serve its purpose for a long time and will not break down in a short period. Quality also ensures you get what you have paid for and nothing less than that. Never go for cheap products because they are not durable and can break easily. The best products will serve you for years, and at the same time, they are also available at an affordable price range. So always check the quality of a product before buying anything from anywhere.
Another thing that should be considered while buying a product is its features. You should know what all features this particular product has and how useful these features will be for you. If there is more than one feature available in the market, then you must check out all those features before buying one as they may not be useful in all cases or situations, but some of them might help you a lot during your day-to-day life. You should also check whether the product you want to buy is worth its price or not. You should compare it with other similar products available in the market and then decide whether it is a good option. If you have many options available, go for one that will give you maximum benefits at a lower price tag.
Some people prefer to spend a little more on an item that will last longer and provide better results, while others would rather buy something cheaper. When considering the price, it is important to remember that you get what you pay for. A high-quality budget linear switches might cost more than a cheap one at first glance, but if they break down after only a few months of use, you may have lost more money than if you had just bought an inexpensive pair in the first place.
Think about how often you plan on using your new purchase and how long it will last. For example, if you are looking for a new budget linear switches and will be using it frequently for many years, then spending more money on a quality budget linear switches will be worth it in the long run. However, plan on using it less often or only want to use it occasionally. Spending less money on an inexpensive model may be more suitable because it won’t need as much care and maintenance as used frequently by multiple people every day or week.
Another thing to look out for when buying a budget linear switches is value. This means you should always ensure that your product gives you value. The best way to do this is by looking at the price of the product, as well as its features. If it has many features but is still fairly cheap, then there’s a good chance you are getting value for money. If you are going to spend your hard-earned money on a product, it should be one that will last. This means that you need to look for quality materials and workmanship. Doing this will ensure that the product lasts longer, so you won’t have to keep spending money on new ones.
Ease of use
Another thing to look out for when buying budget linear switches is the ease of use. How easy it is to use will depend on what you will use it for. This is because ease of use ensures that anyone who wants to buy your product will not have any trouble using or operating it. So always make sure that you buy products that are easy to use.
Many websites on the internet contain reviews from customers who have already bought products from those sites; therefore, we should always check those reviews before buying anything online! Reading these reviews will help us know how good or bad a budget linear switches is and whether we should buy it. The more people have reviewed it, the more accurate will be your decision-making process. A good rule of thumb is that if most reviewers recommend something with a 4+ star rating on Amazon, then there’s a good chance that it will work well for you too.